Tuesday, June 11, 2013

A Visit from the Tooth Fairy!



I have one that I'll never forget. Jaxon lost his first tooth last month! I was not expecting a visit from the Tooth Fairy so early on, but alas she made her first visit May 21st. 

Jaxon's tooth had been wiggly since April. The week prior to May 20, he was working it back and forth, back and forth. I had to check it every few hours to see if it was ready. Even Ms. Courtney had to check! 

So when he woke up on this eventful morning I had to check. It practically fell out when I barely touched it. Boy was it ready! So at 5:45am his tiny tooth came out. I tried to pull it out, but it wasn't moving toward me. So I told him he'd have to do it and without hesitation, he moved it with his tongue and spit it out into my hand. 

No blood, no tears. Easy breezy. Thank goodness, because I was NOT looking forward to this. Teeth are the only thing I am squirmy about. 

I wish I could have video taped the entire thing. His face was absolutely priceless once it came out. Of course Brian was gone, but Jaxon immediately asked if we could FaceTime him. Which we did. And he didn't answer. :( Then he asked if we could FaceTime Lola. She was in Spain so the time difference actually worked in our favor. She didn't answer either. :( Then he asked to FaceTime Ms. Courtney, but I thought she would be driving to school so I said no. :( Pretty anti-climatic for the little guy. 

Happy happy boy!

Showing off his tooth.


Teeny Tiny Tooth

Later that evening we finally caught up with Brian.


On the way to school Jaxon expressed concern about leaving his tooth under his pillow. "What if the tooth falls on the floor while I sleep? What if I squish the tooth? What if the tooth fairy can't lift my pillow? What if I'm on the pillow?" All very valid concerns I felt. So Reesey and I hit Hobby Lobby after school in search for something to keep his tooth safe. 
I came up with the Tooth Fairy Jar. I made sure to make one for Reese too. Look at me being prepared! 

Tooth Fairy Jar

Ready for the Tooth Fairy to come
Wednesday morning rolled around and oh my did he melt my heart! 
He came running into my bathroom at 5:30 am bursting with excitement! 
The Tooth Fairy Visited!!! 

She left him a glittery $2 bill, a special note, a picture of herself with Jaxon as he slept and LOTS of fairy dust.... everywhere!!! 

Can you find her?
Here's a link to a video of him showing me what he found the Tooth Fairy left. 



With his Tooth Fairy Treasures
The Tooth Fairy is officially my favorite 'holiday'. It was sooo much fun! 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love this! Abby has lost like 6 teeth and she still gets excited abt each and every one! Jacob keeps asking when he'll have a wiggly one now too :)