Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Say My Name {Link Up}



The Vintage Modern Wife: Say My Name Link Up

Tonight I'm linking up with The Vintage Modern Wife, Brunch with Amber and Princess of the Panhandle to give a little history behind my blog. 

I started this blog in October 2008 because of my friends Nicole and Ami. Of course Ami had to do a little twisting of the arm, but not much. It usually doesn't take much. I had just had Jaxon (5 months before) and lived in Albuquerque, away from family, so figured it would be a fun way to keep them in the loop on Jax's day to day antics. Plus, it would help me remember Jaxon's babyhood since I have a terrible memory. 

The name? Well, I'm a little embarrassed to admit this, but it came straight from Keeping up with the Kardashians. I believe the show had just started and, of course, I was obsessed. I am a reality TV junkie, remember? And honestly, it fits. You visit my blog and you "Keep Up with the Pearsons". I like to keep it simple, People. 

I didn't think I would love having a blog as much as I do. My favorite thing is scrolling through the archives, clicking on a random month and reading about Jaxon and Reese as babies. It makes me happy. Jaxon loves to look back at himself as a baby, especially now that he has a baby and likes to compare himself to her. One day I will publish this little blog and have a hard cover, in the mean time I hope Blogger doesn't crash. 

Now please enjoy a few pics from 'the old days'...

October 2008


January 2009


February 2010
 September 2011

October 2011
I so miss being pregnant!
 November 2011

 February 2012
 February 2013





3 comments:

Unknown said...

Adorable!! It's amazing to see how much Reese has grown from that teeny tiny baby :) good job mama!!

Courtney said...

I forgot how tiny Reese was! I love all the baby pics. I've said it before and I am sure I will say it again, you and Brian make some darn cute kids. You sure you don't want a third ;)

Unknown said...

Love the pics! So cute!!!