Friday, February 8, 2013

Happies and Crappies



The Vintage Modern Wife: Happies and Crappies Link Up


It's that time of week again... Happies & Crappies Time!

Happies

- 18 of 18 successful parent teacher conferences done! This is the first year in 13 years that I have had 100% participation! That makes this girl happy. Plus, I had so many good things to say about each student, and I meant it. I also had some very nice compliments and a few tears of joy. :) The exhaustion I feel today is totally worth it.

- Jaxon had his first Tee Ball game. He did so well! He is so excited to be part of a team and very motivated to practice.

- I snuck away and treated myself to a mani/pedi. I needed well manicured nails for conferences.


Crappies

- Reese finally had her ENT follow up on Monday. Sigh. No good. Her tube was blocked due to the thickness of her ear fluid, this led to 'oozing' of ear wax and more fluid buildup behind the tube. The doctor had to unplug the blockage and drain the excess fluid. In the office. While Brian held her. And she screamed. Jaxon watched. Mortified. Can we say excruciating heart break??? All I could see was her sweet face, beet red and tear streaming down her cheeks. Then I'd look at Jaxon who looked horrified and kept asking, "What are they doing to her?"




- The above conferences resulted in 13 hour work days. Who likes that? Not this part-time girl. But, thankfully it is only twice a year.

No comments: