Sunday, June 17, 2012

More of Manhattan


The second day sent us to the Statue of Liberty. Well, past Lady Liberty. We decided not to get off the fairy, to just admire her from afar.



Manhattan from Liberty Island






A cute little squirrel playing in Battery Park

After Liberty Island, we hopped back on the bus for a 'quick' stop in Little Italy for some lunch

Brooklyn Bridge?? or maybe Manhattan Bridge??
We finally found Little Italy after a minor detour. Not an 'on-purpose-detour'.


Little Italy and China Town are right next to each other. And boy they could not be more different. You walk down the streets of China Town and people are harassing you, "You wan a buy julie? Louis Vuitton? Tiffany? Hanbag?" Yeah. Not the place for me. I'm not a bargain shopper. And in China Town you see things like this. They did have some really nice fruit stands though.

China Town. Still not my favorite



I am going to have to take Reese here one day. The girls that walked around with their dolls were so excited.

Rockafellar Center 

The Today Show

One of the Trump Towers

Central Park
I loved Central Park. There are these cute little parks everywhere. It looked so fun.






Columbia University's Teachers College



My 'People' 
Harlem





The steps of The Met
The Guggenheim

We stopped at this little cupcake store my mom had seen on the Food Network. These things are TINY....  but delicious. I could have eaten a dozen and I'm not a huge cupcake person.





Good Morning America
My mom and I were surprised at how friendly the police officers were.

One of New York's finest
We were also surprised at how many Starbucks there were. Literally one or two on every corner. It was like my dream come true. 


That concludes Day Two. One more day!



No comments: