Wednesday, June 20, 2012

An Empire State of Mind

Oh the last few hours in NYC. Sigh.

There were many things we didn't get to do and spent a lot of time debating what we should do. We finally decided to first go to the top of the Empire State Building and then walking or cabbing it to Central Park.

Months ago when we were planning our trip I said I didn't have any interest in going to the Empire State Building. Boy. Was I ever wrong. It was AMAZING! The view from there is breathtaking.


The buildings on the other side of the river. That's New Jersey!
I was blown away by that. Don't know why.



Look at all of those buildings!


That's the Statue of Liberty in the distance


The Halls of the Empire State Building

So Shiny!

Yeah, that would be a Starbucks in the Empire State Building


I'm sure you all didn't know that the 2nd Sunday of June is the Puerto Rican Day Parade in NYC! Guess who found themselves in the middle of the parade? Two Puerto Ricans. 
It was seriously crazy. EVERYONE was from The Island that day. 








This was a HUGE Puerto Rican flag that covered the street. We were too far back to see the whole thing.





After a few minutes at the parade we walked down 7th Ave. to 59th St until we ran into Central Park. 




NY Public Library

YAY! We made it!



Oh yeah. We may have stopped at Nine West (my FAVE shoe store) on the way.
Saturday night we found a little Cuban restaurant and stopped to have dinner. It was seriously fantastic! I can't wait to go back to New York just to eat at Havana Central. Oh and this Mojito? To die for!


During dinner Saturday night, I got this text from Brian... "It's official... They have driven me to drink!! It's amazing what a drink can do for you  nerves." It made me LOL. Now he appreciates what I do everyday :) 

There is so much about this picture that makes me laugh...


And that concludes our trip to NYC. It was a dream come true. I would go back in a heartbeat. There is so much to see and do and we barely skimmed the surface.





No comments: