Monday, May 7, 2012

A Fabulous Four Year Old!

Last night I said goodbye to my 3-year-old and this morning 'Hello' to a 4-year-old. I'm not gonna lie, I'm sad my boy is 4. Yes, three was rough, to say the least, and we could not wait for it to be over, but I just cannot believe he is so big.

 Honestly, where does the time go? It literally seems like yesterday that he was born. I clearly remember the evening I took the pregnancy test and it showed a positive sign. I remember everything about the day my water broke and absolutely every detail about his birth day. Believe me, this is huge! I can't even remember what I had for lunch today. For some reason those two days are ingrained in my memory forever. I guess it's because it was the day my life changed forever. For the better.

I know all of you moms know, there are no words to describe the love for your first born.

Jaxon has brought so much happiness to our lives. I've said it once and I'll say it a thousand times, he is the most fascinating person I know. The kid is smart. His brain works in a way I did not know kids brains could work. He can reason like no other, as long as it's his way of course. His vocabulary is flippin' amazing. I mean do kids use words like 'herbivore', 'vertebrae', 'quadroped'  (I can't even spell it!) and 'habitat' in their everyday speak? Maybe they do.

 He's a little salesman like his daddy. Seriously, this kid can hustle like no other. I often give in to me, much to my chagrin. Sometimes, he just has good reasons, what can I say. His downfall for sales is his honesty, or maybe that will make him an even better salesman. He knows that my rule is 2 TV shows in the morning. Well, once he is done watching 2 he will tell me, "Mama, turn off the TV. I've watched 2 shows." This is even when I have lost track of the 2 or was willing to let him watch more because I need to get things done. Nope, he knows the rules. Or if Brian gives him candy, Jax will immediately come and tell me Daddy tried giving him candy.

Jaxon is one of sweetest, most passive boys I know. I honestly don't think he would hurt a fly even if I told him too. I can't even count how many times he's told me someone has hit him and he wouldn't hit them back because it "isn't nice. Hitting is mean. I don't want to hurt my friend." Melts my heart and scares me. I don't want him to be a punching bag as he grows up. But, knowing Jaxon, he'll convince the bully not to bully him anymore. The kid can talk I tell you.

Now, don't think he is an angel. By no means, the kid has attitude and is as impatient as they come. We can't all be perfect right? The attitude can go any minute. It is getting out of control. Again, it's that darn vocabulary. His mouth gets him in trouble every day. I wish I had a dime for each time Brian or I said, "Don't you dare back talk to me!" Yeah. He dares. Over and over. And over.

We wouldn't trade him in for anything else in the world though. Our lives would be dull and un-fullfilled without our Bubba.  

May 7, 2008

May 7, 2009

May 7, 2010

May 7, 2011

May 7, 2012

We are so proud of you Jaxon Joe! Happy birthday!





No comments: