Thursday, January 5, 2012

Hodge Podge Post

Today was Reese's weight gain check. Reese is up to 7 lbs even! Boy, she is putting on the weight! Girl gained 1 lb in two weeks! Dr. Goldberg is very pleased with this. 

I asked him about this "adjusted age" business I was so very confused about. Here's the low down.
 Basically her adjusted age is 8 weeks behind her "real" age. This is based on a full term baby which is 40 weeks. Right now Reese is Negative 1 week old. Is that not the craziest thing? 

They do an adjusted age for development and weight comparisons. Developmentally Reese will be 2 months behind a "normal" baby for the first 1 or 2 years of life. That means that if a full term baby is expected to crawl by 6 months, Reese won't be expected to crawl until she is 8 months "real" age. 

My only problem with this is the sleeping-through-the-night thing. If a normal baby should sleep through the night at let's say 3 months, does this mean she won't sleep until 5 months! Oh my. That's not until April. Super. I have confidence she will be an over achiever. I mean look at the weight she's put on! 

Another problem, I know that when people ask me how old she is I will have to say, "Oh she's 2 months. but really she's 1 week because she was 2 months early."  Why must I feel the need to over explain things?

Some pictures from the week...
How we rung in 2012. Wouldn't change a thing. 

Happy New Year!

So tiny.




Reese's First Doll. Can't wait to find out what she names her.

Ready for her weigh in! I'm soooo looking forward to dressing her up!

***********

For my own record keeping purposes:

Sleep - ALL the time! Reese is only awake about 2 hours a day.

Eat - Reese eats 3-4 oz at a feeding. She is on Enfamil's Enfacare for Premature Babies. She eats every 3-4 hours. Yes, even at night. Yawn.

Temperment - Reese is a very sweet girl. She only cries when she is hungry or when she is trying to settle herself into sleep after being awake for an hour or so. 

Likes/Dislikes - Reese loves a bath. She hates being undressed, but once she's in the tub she calms down. She loves having her hair washed. 
Reese DISLIKES being dressed and changed. This is another time when she cries.

Nicknames - Peesey (Me), Peanut (Brian), Reesey (everyone)

Clothes size - Newborn

Language - She grunts. All. The. Time.

Physical - Reese holds her head for a few seconds when I hold her over my shoulder. She can also move her head from one side to the other while on her belly.

*****************

Since I did Reese, I should do Jaxon.

Right now Jaxon is on this pajama kick. Brian calls him Hugh Heffner. He will literally get up, change into a new pair of pj's for a few hours then get "hot" and change into another pair. Funny stuff.

He is still into animals. Big time. Grammy Sue got him a subscription to National Geographic Kids. He LOVES it! We have read it from cover to cover about 20 times.

Jaxon can find a few states on the map: Arizona, New Mexico, Michigan, Texas, Pennsylvania, Utah & New Mexico. Random I know.

Jaxon is learning the sounds of letters and beginning sounds in words. He can also tell if 2 words rhyme or not.

He can count backwards from 5.

His best friends at school are Jakey and Hunter... identical twins who (whom?) he can not tell apart. When he talks about one of them he says, "Jakey OR Hunter" Too funny.

**********************

I'll leave you with a few cute Jaxon quotes.



I asked him to open the door for me since I had my hands full. He says, "It's nice to hold open doors for womans. I will always hold the door open for womans."  {Rolling with laughter!}

On the way home from school, Jaxon asked me if he could have a treat. I told him no since he didn't finish his lunch. When we got home he tells me, "Mom, you broke my heart. When you told me I couldn't have a treat it made me heart broken. Heart broken is when you hurt my feelings. You broke my heart." Are you kidding me? Where does he get this?







No comments: