Friday, January 6, 2012

Christmas 2011

So, I'm thinking I should do a post about Christmas so that when I read my blog book (right now, non-existent, but it will get printed!) 30 years from now I will know that Christmas in 2011 was celebrated.

Just like Thanksgiving, it was a "weird" holiday. I don't feel like I got ready for it like in years past. There were so many things I wanted to do with Jaxon to get into the feeling of the Season. But, with a baby in the NICU, uncertain if she would be home by Christmas, and trying to wrap my brain around how Christmas day would flow if she was in the hospital I just wasn't feeling it. Looking back, we did do Christmas things... picked out a tree, went to Winterhaven, made one ornament, bought Christmas jammies, visited Santa. I still feel like I jipped poor Jaxon. No gingerbread house, no cookie baking, no Christmas crafts, no Christmas party. Sigh. Oh well. There's always next year... with TWO kids!

Even though I didn't do all of the wonderful things I wanted to do, I did have the best Christmas! Reese was home with us. There is nothing more I could have asked for.

Christmas Eve day came and Santa STILL had not wrapped any gifts. My dad took Jaxon to the base to see the airplanes while we wrapped presents at home.








Santa's Elf. She was a great wrapping assistant.

Does he not look so handsome in his sweater? Christmas was almost canceled because of it.

Trying to get a good picture

Take 2

Take 3

Take 4

Take 5



Maybe Reese will cooperate
Oh, maybe she won't cooperate

Please, no more pictures!


This dress makes my heart go pitter patter
Oh and the headband!




Love

Love even more!

My family together! Never mind Reesey's floppy head


Leaving the reindeer some food


Looking for Santa & his sleigh

Don't forget the cookies for Santa

Yes, we only left 2 cookies & a little milk... we were looking out for Santa's waistline

I just LOVE Christmas jammies! My mom got Jaxon Spiderman slippers to go along with the jammies and let me tell you, was he ever excited! He literally did laps around the house after opening them. You see, he's going through a pajama, comfy clothes phase. He could not have been happier to get pjs AND slippers!








Pretend there is a video of Jaxon waking up on Christmas morning (with his slippers on, yes, he slept with them!) so excited to see if Santa came to his house. Well, I'm not sure what happened but the video has disappeared. I am so very sad. It was the best video of Jaxon! 


Not impressed
Again, let's pretend there is a video of Jaxon discovering his bike. :( 



A rare awake moment for the Peesey







2 comments:

Ami said...

Good job on Christmas! I'm sure Jaxon doesn't feel jipped at all! It looks like he had tons of fun! And I agree...that pink tutu...to die for, really. :)

Molly said...

Just catching up with your blog Anabelle! I love it! Hope you are well! xo