Thursday, December 16, 2010

Let It Snow!

We had (or are having) our first snow of the season today! It's been coming down pretty steadily since 1:30 pm. It was so peaceful and beautiful. I was actually anxious to get Jaxon outside to play, but he was sleeping so it had to wait a couple more hours. Instead, I turned on some Christmas music & sat in front of a window to watch the snow fall. I felt guilty since I have SOO much to do to get the house ready to put on the market, but hey... how often do I get this chance? I had to take it and run! I was also kinda hoping for a hot tottie, but I didn't know how to make one.
Jax was super excited to play in the snow when he got up. He did much better this year than he did last year. As I am watching him play and laugh I thought how much I am going to miss this when we move. Once we're in AZ he won't see snow. How sad. I feel like playing in the snow is a memory all kids should have. Not that I had those memories, since I didn't see snow until I was 12 and I am a perfectly well-adjusted adult, but still. Oh well. We made the most of it and had loads of fun.
Snowball Fight!

"Dis is coad"

Only boys...






We went to the front yard and he says, "Hey, it's snowing here too! " He was amazed by this.

I striped him of his wet clothes before coming into the house. Glad this isn't an everyday occurrence here in New Mexico.

On a side note, this past Saturday we went to the Twinkle Parade. SOO cute! All 50 floats had lights. We had a great time, we froze, but had a great time. It was actually more fun than the 4th of July parade. We went with our dear friends the Wilson Family. I'm going to miss them so much when we move. I'm also going to miss all of the parades they do here (4th of July, Twinkle, Homecoming. That's only 3, but still.)

Jaxon Sloan & Kellen waiting for the parade to start

"Christmas" on a firetruck, the only thing that would have made this better for Jax would have been "Christmas" & a T-Rex on the truck!

MERRY CHRISTMAS & HAPPY WINTER!

2 comments:

Nicole said...

Super cute! I wish we didn't have to drive up a mountain to see snow. BTW....ypur new header picture is awesome!

Sarah said...

i love looking at pictures of snow... and glad i don't have to deal with it myself :) i love that the first thing jax wants to do is have a snowball fight, such a boy! :)