Monday, July 26, 2010

We ♥ San Diego! Day 1

Our annual San Diego trip was a success! Fun was had by all 3 Pearsons. This vacation was definietly a "Jaxon" vacaton. We planned everything for him & around him, what else is new? It was a great time and a different way for Brian & I to see San Diego... through a two-year-olds eyes. We hit the beach right from the airport. The rest of the trip was filled with surprises for Jaxon... Wild Animal Park, Sea World, & San Diego Zoo.

Let's start with our first few hours.

I honestly think that Jaxon was more excited to go to the airport than anything else. Granted, he had no idea what San Diego was or what was in store for him, but he does know that we drop off or pick up Abu & Lola from the airport and that when Abu isn't at Lola's house he is on the airplane. This was a concern for me the minute we booked our flight. I KNEW that Jaxon was going to think that Abu was going to be flying our plane. Sure enough, when I told him we were going on a plane the first thing he said,


"See Abu? Abu fie erpain."

"No, Abu won't be working. You're going to ride on an airplane."

"See Yoya! See Izzy! Go to Yoya's house!"

"No we are going to San Diego. Jaxon, Daddy and Mama are going to the beach."

"The beach! Yes. Put bafing suit on. Put yoshin on face. Come on!."


Once we got to the parking lot he was excited! We got on the airport parking shuttle and he was talking to everyone! "I on dis. I on bus. I go on erpain. I go to Diego. I go to beach." I don't think he stopped talking until he went to bed that night. He would tell anyone who was within feet of him what he was doing. I felt bad for everyone around us. Good thing he's cute!


Brian & Jaxon waiting to check in. There's no traveling light with a toddler. We checked in 4 bags, a carseat, a stroller and carried on 3.


Boarding the "erpain"!
Sitting like a big boy in his own seat, eating pretzels. This was his favorite part of the plane ride! We picked up our rental car, which was supposed to be a full size and ended up not. We got a Dodge Caliber and our stuff barely fit! Then off to Chipotle for a quick dinner.

This might look full-size, but trust me, it wasn't.


Notice the stroller next to Jax? And that barely fit in the door!

We seriously need one in ABQ!


And FINALLY... THE BEACH! It was a bit chilly, so we decided against bathing suits. Which meant we all got soaked! Brian was the only smart one and he wore shorts. At least I was prepared with a change of clothes! These 2 hours at the beach made the entire trip worth it! Jaxon was so happy to be on the beach. He could not get enough! And Brian & I couldn't get enough of his smiles, giggles & squeals. I am mad at myself though, because on the way to the beach I told Brian, "My goal is to get some family pictures this trip. Especially ones on the beach." Did that happen? Nope! GRRR! The only thing that consoles me is that we were too busy having fun to stop for a family picture.

This is what we did... run in, run out, grab Jax before the waves knocked him down.










And the jeans had to come off!





All that running made Bubba tired!



Stay tuned for Day 2 of WeSan Diego... the Wild Animal Park!

3 comments:

Nicole said...

Looks like fun! I love the picture of the two of you!! Can't wait for day 2!

Adam and Samantha said...

ahhh he looks so cute! Kids and the beach are always a good mix!! Can't wait for the rest of the pics!

Ami said...

Finally! No more teasing me! Looks like a successful day one to me! I love the pics on the airplane!