Monday, July 19, 2010

The Cat Whisperer

Does your cat hiss meanly at people? Is he unsocial? Does he hide and only come out to be fed? If you answered yes to any of those questions then you need to call.... Jaxon Pearson The Cat Whisperer! Yes, my friends, I believe Jax has found his calling in life. Let's start at the beginning.



A few weeks ago I was coming home from a walk with Lucy. I let Lucy off of the leash to go potty in the front yard. All of a sudden I see this black cat sneaking up on Lucy. Now, I'm not sure if I've mentioned this before, but Lucy has gone blind. All of a sudden, for an inexplicable reason she's completely blind. This means she cannot see the cat approaching her and looking as if she wants to attack. So I get in between Lucy and the cat and finally the cat goes on her way. All the while Lucy is CLUELESS! Poor girl.




A few days after that, I go out to the garage and see this animal coming towards me. I, of course, scream and jump back in the house. After I have composed myself, I open the door again and the same cat is at the door trying to get into the house. Jaxon sees the cat and of course wants to go see it. Then point to me and says, "Cat scare you? You Mommy?" with an evil little smirk on his face as if he thinks this is the funniest thing in the world. And still, weeks later he will point to me, cock his head to the side, smile that little smirk and say, "Cat scare you? Cat scare you Mama. Not me. I not scared cat." Yes, Mama is scared of a cat.

A few days later, the cat is back. This time, all 3 of us have come home from an day out and are getting out of the car when the cat just comes bouncing our way. Brian and I start walking towards the house, but Jax stays in the driveway with the cat and I'm not kidding you, the cat lays down and lets Jaxon pet him! Then Jax gets on his belly and is eye to eye with cat, talking to him! "Hewoe Cat. How you? Hewoe. Name? I yike you." The cat is so happy. Just wagging his tail, enjoying a little pet from the kid. I have NEVER seen a cat like this. All of the cats I've known, run from kids, especially loud ones who want to pet them.





Now the cat comes to either our front door or to our backyard and meows. I swear he is saying, "Jaxon! Come and play." When Jax hears him his eyes get big, his mouth makes an "O" and he says, "I heard dat! I heard cat. Go see him. Cat happy to see me?"

Please excuse the messy glass door. I know it needs to be cleaned, but with Jaxon's hand prints and Lucy's nose prints, I just figure what's the point? But let me tell you, after seeing these picture, you better believe I have some motivation to clean it!












Here's a video of me asking Jaxon about the cat before his nap time.





After his nap he was talking about the cat again and I asked him what the cat's name is. This time he named him, "Harry" pronounced "Hah-wee". This kid is too funny!





1 comment:

Jen said...

So cute!!! Now I just happen to have 2 cats that Jaxon can rename and have :) I know, mean but each day I'm reminded that I truly am a "dog person."