Saturday, April 3, 2010

Easter Egg Fun!

Ok, so I must admit, I don't really remember dyeing Easter eggs when I was a kid. I'm sure we had to have done it, I just can't remember. Now, this isn't saying much since my memory is terrible! I can hardly remember family vacations or Christmases. Oh well. This is one of the reasons I have this blog, for my own memories and for Jaxon's. I can honestly tell you that I am having a hard time remembering Jaxon at this time last year! Thank goodness for the blog is all I can say.

Brian on the other hand, has vivid memories of Easter. He and his family would drive up to Globe, AZ where his dad's family lived and they would dye eggs, get Easter baskets and have an egg hunt in the morning. I think Easter is his favorite holiday simply because there was candy involved! Since Brian has such happy memories of Easter, he would like the same for Jaxon. We kicked off the Easter weekend by dyeing eggs!
The set up
Thank goodness Brian had the forethought to take Jaxon's clothes off! Immediately following this picture, Jax grabbed the pink cup full of dye and spilled it all over himself!


Not happy to be messy.Mama may be more excited than Bubba!The next series of pictures is what happens when you let a toddler hold an egg.
Yup. You guessed it. Bang bang!
Sticking his finger in the newly formed crack.
I love how much they love each and enjoy each other's company!

After the cracked egg incident, we just had Jaxon instruct us on where to put the eggs. This one was meant to be "gween"

"boo"

Once we were out of eggs, I looked at them and said, "What happened to my pretty eggs?" Apparently, Brian took it upon himself to take the egg from one cup and drop it into another. He wanted the "craziest colored eggs". So I was left with only ugly eggs. :( I am starting to feel outnumbered by the boys. We need some more estrogen around here!

Our eggs. Not as pretty as I'd imagined

Tomorrow's post will be our visit to the Easter bunny. I can't do it all at once. Remember... 30 posts in 30 days! So far I'm 3 for 3!

No comments: