Thursday, July 30, 2009

Another Griswold (I mean Pearson) Vacation!

The 3 Pearsons headed off to San Diego this week for a little family vacation! San Diego is a very special place for Brian & me, and we were really excited to take Jaxon there for the first time, but as with anything involving the Pearsons there were some adventures to be had! Let's start with the rental car & GPS (Serena).

Our car was from the early 90's... no clicker, manual window and locks. It took a little getting used to and it made me love my Highlander that much more!



See, no modern conveniences here. This is what I call roughing it!

So as we are driving out of the lot, I turn on Serena to tell us how to get to the Residence Inn. Hmm... low battery. No problem, "it should have enough juice to get us there". Says Brian. Literally 2 seconds later, Serena dies! "Check the bag, the car charger is in there.", says Brian. "No charger, babe.", says Anabelle. "@#$%!*#" Says Brian. Thankfully he had the foresight to print directions from Mapquest, if not we would have been out of luck! We get to the Residence Inn and then off to Target we go to get some supplies for the week. You know Jaxon and I were happy about this.. Target is the happiest place on earth :)
Finally, some room to run around and play! No more planes, car seats, or shopping carts.

On our first full day there, we decide to take Jaxon to the Children' Museum (we saw it under the "attractions" on Serena. We get up, have breakfast in the hotel and drive 30 minutes to the Children's Museum. As Serena is saying, "Arriving at destination." Brian says, "I don't see sign's of a museum around here." Sure enough, where the Children's Museum should have been was this:
We weren't sure if the Children's Museum was this abandoned building or the empty lot next to it.



Apparently the museum had vacated these premises and someone did not tell Serena. Onto Plan B... drive to Mission Beach to walk along the boardwalk before Jaxon's nap time.
Happy to be going on to Plan B... the beach!


We strap Jaxon into his stroller and take 2 steps and BLAA! Puke EVERYWHERE! Jaxon as thrown up. Thankfully, I grabbed a onesie as we walked out the door that morning. We did a quick change and were back in business!

Brian took Jaxon down to the water and he LOVED it! He was so happy there he walked right into the ocean and laid down (more like tripped and fell, but, whatever). He still had a good time.

"I need a hug before swimming Daddy!"








Well, one tiny problem... I had no towels or a 3rd change of clothes. What was a mom to do, but put him in the carseat wet, naked and covered in sand.

After lunch & naptime we headed back to the beach

On day 2 we went back to Mission Beach ( better prepared this time!) . Well, as we are pulling into the parking lot. BLAA! Orange projectile vomit in the car! Are you kidding me??? There was throw up EVERYWHERE! On the towels, in the carseat, on Jaxon, in the stroller, on snacks. Everywhere! Good times are being has by all (especially my patient husband. HA!!) Everything is cleaned up now so let's have some beach time!

That has to be all of the adventure right? Wrong again! As we are walking back to the car, Brian asks me to get the keys to the car. Hmmm. Where are they? Yup. you guessed it! They are nowhere to be found?!!? Seriously! Could this trip BE anymore dramatic? We turn our bags upside down, no keys. We search the sand, no keys. Things were not looking good. Thank God I have a guardian angel somewhere, I had left the key attached to the door! Yes, I said me. I did it this time, not Brian. Boy, was he relieved it was me and not him!
Thankfully that was about it as far as drama goes for this trip. Don't think I could have taken much more! (ok, maybe Jaxon did pee all over himself at breakfast the morning we left, but I'll take pee over throw up anyday!)
PLEASE tell me we aren't the only ones with these type of "adventures"!

When Brian & I go to San Diego, we always visit the Self Realization Temple Meditation Gardens and take a "self-portrait" with the beach as a background. This trip was no exception, drama and all, we were headed to the garden! On our last day we headed up to the gardens to show Jaxon where his parents decided to start a life together.
Our first trip together in March 2001


When we got engaged

March 2004


Our last trip as a family of two (and a 1/2)

March 2008

A family of three


































No comments: