Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Christmas is Coming!

Christmas is less than two weeks away and we finally have our Christmas tree! 
As tradition dictates, we went over to see Duhon at Brian & Kelly's Christmas Tree lot. 
This was my year to choose the tree. Last year, Brian and chose and it was terrible. A real Charlie Brown tree, and not in the cute way. As we were on our way, Jaxon told us he wanted a big, fat, fluffy tree. "One that is as fat around as it is tall." he said. I couldn't agree more. He is just like his mama! 
As we pulled in to the lot, Jaxon yelled, "I want that one!" He picked it out before we even got out of the car! I encouraged him to look around, but he was not being swayed. He knew what he liked and wasn't backing down. 
I loved the tree too so it's what we got. 




Why is it so hard for them to both look?

Success!
This is pretty much as close to perfect as we are going to get.
Too bad Reesey has terrible cold sores. :(

Shouldn't have pressed my luck. 

Our annual tree lot picture





Brian is sick this weekend so I took it upon myself to string the lights. 
When I told Jaxon he says, "You can't do that. You are a woman. You are not tough. You don't bang, you don't smash. You could get hurt." 
Really, Jaxon? It's lights. 
By the time we were done he says, "Wow! You are the best Christmas tree light hanger upper ever!"
That's right! 
After lights we started the task of decorating it. 
Decorating the tree is my favorite holiday tradition and this year did not disappoint. 
Jaxon was so excited about each one and after inspecting each one properly, he would choose the best spot on the tree. 
Even Reese seemed to understand the importance of decorating the tree. She was surprisingly calm and gentle with the ornaments. She even took time to admire them. 


Did I mention she had to wear her new leotard? 





This is her inspecting her handprint ornament from last year.


Lucy found a new spot. 


I love this picture.
The finished tree...
The tree is so big that it swallows all of our ornaments! 




No comments: