Monday, May 14, 2012

Oh Mother's Day

Yesterday was Mother's Day. In my head Mother's Day went like this...

I'd sleep in past 7:00 am. Brian would make me breakfast and the four of us would sit down to eat together, without tears or negotiations. Brian would clean the kitchen while I showered. Alone. In peace. Then Brian would say, "Why don't I take the kids and you go get a massage, a mani/pedi and go shopping. Here's $300 in cash, buy yourself some cute shoes and a few dresses." We'd meet for dinner and he'd put the kids to bed. 

Doesn't that sound ideal? Let me just sit here and dream of a day like that. 

Well, to my disappoint none of that happened. Instead Mother's Day began at 1:50 am when Reese woke me from a deep sleep. I got up to 'plug her up' (i.e. give her the pacifier) to find Brian already in with her. Not a bad start. Then we did it again at 3:30, 4:15, 5:00 and 5:30 am. Yeah. So much for sleeping in.

After I got my present from Brian (a new camera) he went to the gym. That's when the poop hit the fan! Everyone melted. I do believe I may have uttered the words, "You are ruining Mother's Day!" a couple of times. I'm not exactly sure what happened, but if Jaxon wasn't crying, whining or stomping then Reese was crying uncontrollably. Seriously? How do people with more than 2 kids do it? They must get NO quiet time! Ugh. One time when Reese was crying Jaxon says, "Stop it Reese! You're ruining Mother's Day!" Yeah. I think that was already done. 

We did have a lovely brunch with my mom & uncle. The kids behaved really well. And I got some great pictures!! Which, really, is all that I ever want anyone, so I should look at the silver lining. Nonetheless, Brian and I were counting the minutes until bedtime. 




Finally! A perfect family picture!







At the end of the day, I have two amazing, beautiful kids who make me smile every single day. They fill my heart and life like nothing else ever will. I don't need a special day to remind me of that.  

No comments: