Sunday, May 15, 2011

We Rock!

Last night was girl's night! Hip hip hooray! This is one of the many things I missed while l living in Albuquerque. I missed these girls. Girls that I can be myself around and won't be judged. Girls I know will be there for each other at the drop of a hat. I definitely want them around in a crisis. We've known each other for quite some time. I've been friends with Ami & Mary for around 10-11 years now. And Nicole came along 8 years ago as Ami's student teacher and fit right in.


We all taught kindergarten at Cottonwood together and funnily enough we all lived together at one point. Well, Nicole took my room at the house after I got married, but still. We had some fun times at that house, the house that is now a "grown up" house and where Mary & Emilio will be raising their baby girl.

So here we are all grown up. If those wall could talk...

Before we left Ami noticed our purses... a Coach parade. And how they decreased in size by the number of kids we have. Oh and did you notice the silouette in the background? Does that look like the backside of a pregnant lady? Damn her! :)

Oh and then later Ami noticed that our Starbucks drinks went with our purse size.


We went to Guadalajara Grill where they make salsa at your table!

Then we got serenaded. Which is awkward. How do the girls/guys on The Bachelor do it? Where do you look? Nicole started rearranging the table.

Clearly, Ami & I are the piggies in this group. Our chip bowl is to the right. Nicole & Mary's to the left. Notice a difference?


Umm, concrete chairs? Really?


In our single, care-free, wild days, we would have gone drinkin' and dancin' at the Cactus Moon, but now that we are respectable mothers and wives we went to Starbucks instead.


We decided to make it a monthly event. Why not? We need a break from our kids and husbands every now and again. It's good for our sanity.


By the way... we stayed out past 10:00 pm! Yeah baby! We Rock!

No comments: