Monday, May 23, 2011

Only to Brian!

On Saturday Brian woke up and said, "I want to do something different today." Jaxon immediately piped up and said, "Let's go to the zoo!" So we did.
It was a nice, relaxing time and it was quite uneventful. For the most part.

We got to the bird aviary and of course Jaxon wanted to go inside. I am not a fan of birds. I think they are pretty. I like the way they sing. I don't even mind admiring them. What I don't like is them flying around my head or getting too close. I started to tell Jaxon no, we were not going to go in, but he was already half way in the door with no intention of coming out. I had no choice but to follow. Behind me Brian declares, "I know I'm going to get s**t on."

Jaxon is have a grand time looking at the birds and trying to match them to their guide so we can learn their names. He becomes fond of pheasant and insists on having a long, drawn out conversation with it. All the while, Brian is standing by the door urging us to leave.

Finally, we go. As I get closer to Brian I notice, that sure enough, he has gotten pooped on!

Before I can even form the sentence out loud I am doubled over with laughter. Of course HE's the one to get pooped on. Why wouldn't it be. Oh you can only imagine the colorful language that came out of his mouth when he realized why I was laughing so hard. I tried to make it better by telling him it was good luck to get pooped on. I know I've heard it somewhere. And since I've heard it, it must be true.


I have not laughed so hard in my life. Hilarious! I am still giggling just thinking about it.


The best part. Jaxon telling everyone the rest of the weekend that "Daddy got pooped on by a bird!"

We spent a little over an hour at the zoo (it's a small zoo) and I only took one picture.

Jaxon says he's going to be a salesman like his Daddy, but I beg to differ. I think he's going to be a teacher like his Mama. This is him walking backwards in front of us, clapping his hands and saying, "C'mon. Dis way. Follow me." Just like a teacher. Keeping his eye on his class!

No comments: