Sunday, May 29, 2011

One More Jaxon-ism & Some Blubbering


Hearing things come out of Jaxon's mouth cracks me up. It's fascinating to me how he hears some words. He is such a great communicator and has great verbal skills, but some things just come out funny. In one 20 minute car drive he sprinkled me with these two lovely comments. Cracked me up.


From the backseat he says, "Mama you had a chameleon da other day."

"A chameleon? No I didn't see a chameleon."

"Yes you did. At church you had a chameleon."

"No there wasn't a chameleon at church."

"Yes Mama! You had a chameleon at church."

"Umm, no Jaxon. I don't know what you're talking about."

"At church you and Rora had chameleon."


And then it hit me....COMMUNION!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I registered Jaxon for pre-school this week.

I am so flippin' happy for him! He is going to love it! I am even more happy that he will be going to my old school (where I taught for 5 years, not actually attended). This preschool program is so awesome! I cannot even begin to do it justice. I can't wait for him to start and have all of the wonderful experiences he is going to have.


On the same note, I can't believe he will be in preschool! To me that means that in 2 short years he will be in kindergarten. That just blows me away. I've always been on the other end of school and now I have to send my baby, with a back pack and a snack, to school.

I know, just know, that I am going to be that mom that wants to stay to make sure he's in ok. I will be that mom that cries when she has to leave. I will be there with my cameras, yes more than one. I want to volunteer weekly, join the PTA, help with carnivals and fundraisers. I want to be room mom and bring in cute snacks for birthdays and special occasions.

I know that his teacher is either going to roll her eyes, call me crazy and tell her co-workers I need to get a job. Or she may be the teacher that hopes she gets Jaxon in her class so she can have an awesome volunteer. Let's hope for the latter and that I don't cross the crazy mom line.. I've had my share of those!


I cannot wait!


Part of me is so sad he is growing up, I want him to be that little baby I brought home 3 years ago. But the big part of me is so happy for him. He is just going to soar in school.


Practicing writing already.

No comments: