Saturday, April 23, 2011

Pima County Fair

Lucky for us the week after we moved back to Tucson the Pima County Fair came to town! And doubly lucky for us, we are 5 minutes from the fairgrounds! Brian had no interest in going to the fair, but thank goodness Ami did! She invited Jaxon & me to join her, her sister, Mary, her mom, Debi and of course the Bunchkins. We went on a Thursday afternoon before naptime and before the rides opened. Of course Brian says, "What's the point of going to the fair if the rides are closed?" Well, we had a blast without rides! Plus we spent minimal money... $30 to be exact and that included parking!












The first stop Jaxon had to make was ice cream. I said, sure you can have ice cream. Ami & Debi thought I was crazy. But how could ice cream on a warm AZ day go wrong?





Well, let me tell ya. Ice cream melts! I honestly did not think of this. Apparently Ami & Debi did, they just forgot to mention it to me.






Yeah. It was a drippy, sticky mess!The best part for me was that the guy who sold me the ice cream also gave me a cup & spoon so I could transfer some from the cone to the cup, which I did and shared with the triplets. Well, as Jaxon & I are covered in chocolate Ami says, "You should have asked for a cup." Umm, yeah. I did and you threw it away! Oops! Too funny!

Jaxon & Ethan looking longingly at a ride they could not go on. And then... we came an elephant... that you could ride!!! How excited were we?? Of course I forked the seven bucks a person to let Jaxon ride the elephant. The smile on his face was priceless! So worth every penny.





Can't you just hear Ethan saying, "Oh Woooow!"


Not exactly sure what is wrong with my camera. But many of the outside pictures turned out this way. I'm not going to lie, but I was nervous Jaxon was going to slip off the side of the elephant. Then what? We'd be on the news... "Mother lets her child ride elephant and he falls to his death." Not kidding, I couldn't stop thinking about itThen off to the shark tank and the fire truck.







The kiddos in the shark cage.

I think Hunter was upset because Jaxon was driving... get used to it Hunter, Pearson boys don't like to be in the passenger's seat. Plus, they are TERRIBLE backseat drivers!




Look closely at the signs... "The Hunters" "The Jacksons"





Oh, and what Jaxon & I had been waiting for... the animals! Seriously, this was better than any ride!





Humongous Turkey! Those are some ugly animals.








Chickens & Roosters. While looking at these, Jax was trying to imitate the roosters.






And the highlight... the horses!! Jaxon was in horse heaven! He pet them and talked to them, one even licked me and he thought it was the greatest thing since sliced bread!





Here he is clapping at the horse trying to get him to neigh. Not kidding.







I believe the conversation went something like this: "Hi Horse. What's your name? I'm Jaxon Joe Pearson. Nice to meet ya. I wike your stables. I wike your mane. You are a nice horse. Can you neigh for me?







"Hunter, I'll meet you under the bleachers at 3:00"













It didn't take but 5 minutes for him to be out cold.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

fun, fun, fun! :) maybe next year henry and i can join y'all!