Thursday, August 19, 2010

Future Muralist Maybe?

This morning as I was getting ready for Gymboree, Jaxon was awfully quiet. I went searching for him thinking he may have gone downstairs for a certain toy. I looked in his room, nope not there. I look over the railing to peek downstairs, not there either. As I am stepping onto the first step I hear him talking to himself behind me. He's inside his bathtub. Doing this...


I should have been upset, but really couldn't because we color in with bathtub crayons during bathtime. He was in the bathtub so who was I to interrupt him? I, being selfish and wanting a few extra minutes of peace and quiet to put my face on, left him in there.

Oh, I should have known better. About 5-10 minutes later he comes running into my bathroom, beaming. He was so flippin' happy when he said (more like yelled), "Mama! I color your potty! I color my potty tooooo." Uh oh!



He didn't stop with the potties either....

Again, I probably should have been upset and put him in time out, but there have never been any rules set about coloring on the walls. I mean he is allowed to color on the tub walls (and the sidewalks), so why not the bathroom walls? I did decide this was the appropriate time to tell him the walls are not a place to color. Since we were on our way to Gymboree I closed the bathroom door and decided to deal with this later and hoped Brian wouldn't come home and decide to use this bathroom. For some reason he wouldn't think it was as innocent as I did. Well, when we are both ready to head out the door, I notice Jax found time to go downstairs and color on Brian's office door and the door leading to the garage. Uh oh. I gave Jax a firm talking to and wiped the doors clean before Daddy got home, no need for him to see this!

After Gymboree, I hid the bathtub crayons.

Brian did come home as I was scrubbing the bathroom and he says, "WHOA! What happened here? It looks like East L.A.!"

4 comments:

Ami said...

OH MY GOD! That's the funniest thing I've seen all day! Future muralist? I think not. Future leader of Puerto Rican Pride Gang? I think so. Funny shit my friend, funny shit.

Anabelle said...

Ami, I'm trying to spin it to the positive! After I spent 30 minutes scrubbing, he went back up and colored in blue! UGH! Then he says, "No color on walls. Color in bathtub."

Sarah said...

to be fair the walls of the bathTUB and the walls of the bathROOM are quite similar. but i am glad he knows the difference now :)

Jaymee said...

After all of that cleaning I hope you left a little somewhere in the house. You smile in a couple of years when you see the little blue scribble on the wall: )