Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Special Mama Time

It seems that lately, most of the blogs I read have mentioned the fact that Mom is always the one taking pictures and never actually in them. So each mom has been trying to get in front of the camera a little more often. In my friend Bee-Jai's blog, she posted "Mom n Me Monday". She posts a picture of a special moment shared between her and her sons. What a GREAT idea!


My special moment with Jaxon is bedtime stories. Our routine every night is Brian & I get Jax ready for bed together. Once he is bathed and pajammad up one of us reads him a story. More often than not that someone is me. Lately, I have been asking Jaxon would he wants to read him a story. The answer is ALWAYS "Mama!" with a very big show of him throwing his arms around me and saying, "Read it, Mama. Read dinosaurs" (or whichever book he's into at the moment). I have even tried saying, "Oh, but Daddy is a good reader. Don't you want him to read you a story?" "Ummm No. Mama read it".
I truly enjoy this time with him. I know the time will come too soon when he doesn't fit in my lap anymore and won't want me to read to him. I cherish each night that I get to sit him on my lap, smell his sweet boy smell and snuggle with my baby. Even though after 3-4 books, I'm ready for that sweet boy to go night night. :) He almost always says, "More Mama. Read other one."

Have I ever mentioned how much I love this boy?

2 comments:

Sarah said...

such a sweet boy!

Adam and Samantha said...

oh how cute, can't really say no to that!! Ethan is the same way, he ALWAYS wants me to put him to bed, it kind of makes Adam sad =(