Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Doctor, Shots & Voting!

Today was Jaxon's 6 month well baby check up... hard to believe he will be 6 months on Friday! He is doing very well. He weighs 15 lbs 14 oz and his length is 28 1/4 inches. He is in the 25% for his weight and in the 95% in height!!! Thankfully it doesn't seem like he is going to take after his mom in height. Whew!! The doctor was amazed at how much he has grown. He says if he didn't know any better he would have thought someone had made a mistake in his measurement way back when.... he was only in the 5% when he was 2 months old. Looking at him now it is hard to believe how tiny he was and he was almost 2 months early. I feel very blessed to have such a healthy little boy.
He was such a good baby the entire time he was being examined. He just kept smiling, laughing and talking to the doctor. He was even happy when he saw the nurse come in with his shots! He is always well behaved during shots. He only cried for a minute. The look on his face is priceless when he feels the needle in his leg. His eyes get all big and then he frowns, turns red and cries. Poor baby, but he cries for just a second and then is done. He just wants to let us know that he doesn't appreciate being poked. Of course as we are walking out of the office he whimpers a bit to get some sympathy from the nurses.... what a drama king!
After the doctor it was off to VOTE! I have heard how the lines were going to be long and there would be hours of waiting. Since I waited for 3 HOURS to vote in the primaries, there was no reason to doubt the lines would be long today. So I went prepared: 2 bottles for Jax, a new book for me, a Grande Chai from Starbucks, a few toys to keep Jax entertained and a blankie so he could nap. I was ready! I was pleasantly surprised and, to be honest, a tad bit disappointed. No lines no wait. I was in and out within 5 minutes. My biggest disappointment though was no "I Voted" sticker!! I put my ballot in the little thing and was anxiously waiting for my sticker that I always look forward to (there is a reason I teach Kinder) and nothing! So I ask, "Umm do you guys have stickers?" Nope no stickers today, sorry. So I have nothing to show for my voting efforts. So sad. At least I did my civic duty. Let's just hope my candidate wins.

No comments: